The Great Penguin Search

November 18, 2009 by Rieshy


While I was out schlepping the girls to their band practice my 17 yo, Luke, stayed home to babysit his youngest brothers.  While I was still out I got a phone call from Luke that raised the hair on my head.  There was a strained quality to Luke's voice that had me on instant alert- until I realized that his voice was strained because Luke was struggling to speak without laughing.

"Mom"

"What's wrong, are the Littles up?", I asked in a panic.

"Um, yes I just called to-"

"Have they eaten?" I interrupted.

"Yes, they're fine, I just wanted to tell you that I was explaining to them about penguins and showed them a bunch of pictures on the computer."  Luke continued, now snorting more uncontrollably.

My hair settled back on my head and I was able to listen to the rest of the story. 

Evidently after Luke showed his little brothers pictures of  penguins and explained that penguins live in cold places on ice, he then left the den for a moment.  Passing through the kitchen on the way back to the den he discovered the two yo standing on a stool in front of the wide open freezer searching inside it for... penguins.


Posted in Labels: , , | 2 Comments »

2 comments:

miranda said...

How cute! Thanks for the award, I'm flattered and appreciate the encouragement. Hope you are getting some good sleep at night!

Rieshy said...

Miranda, Actually a funny thing happened about the sleep- we rearranged the schedule, the boys retrained and I've been finding myself staying up late reading. It's like my body is saying, "sleep, nah- not used to it." It all goes to prove that I'm just really dumb:)

Post a Comment