Random Blessings

November 15, 2009 by Rieshy
  • I brought in my christmas cactus from the porch, where it had spent the Summer, to discover that it was growing "weeds". Notice the clover growing along with a petunia seedling. Can you see the clover seed pods? So delicate, so beautiful- a surprise gift from God.



  • The bottom-in-the-air sleep routine is so classic and lasts such a short time. So peaceful. While he's sleeping this way he not only looks adorable but I can be reasonably sure that he's not throwing our entire Bionicle collection off his big brother's bunk bed. Makes my heart happy.


  • On the way to the park with my husband and the younger troupe Jack asked me completely out of the blue, "Mommy, what do you want to be when you grow up?" His face was so earnest. Love and attention from a 3 year old is inexpressibly sweet.
  • On the same day that I got my first ever blogging raspberry (shockingly not everyone loves my writing) I also got my first ever blog award, the Lemonade Stand Award, from Ida Red at Under the Golden Apple Tree. Thanks, I needed the encouragement! In return I'm supposed to also list blogs that I think have a great attitude or show gratitude. I'm such a behind the curve blogger that I can't figure out how to grab the lemonade widget. Since time is passing and I'm trying to limit my time on the computer I'd thought I'd go ahead and list two blogs that have blessed me: Sippycups and Fingerprints and It's a Smalling World.
  • The biggest blessing of all: 1 Peter 1:3-5:

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! By his great mercy he has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you who are being protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."




Have a great week.






Posted in Labels: , | 1 Comment »

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Love that scripture!

I miss the bottom in the air age.

Post a Comment