Kick the Dog

January 13, 2010 by Rieshy
I don't have a dog, but if I did I would have kicked it yesterday.  It was one of those days.

I woke up late and didn't get to work-out.  Somehow, over the weekend plus Monday my house fell apart.  I have no idea how or even where I was when it happened- I must have been vacationing in Tahiti.  I just wish I could remember Tahiti.

Husband had no socks.  I had no clean dish towels, etc., etc.  The 5 loaf fail-proof bread recipe didn't rise properly, and I realized several things I had promised different people that I would get done- that I had forgotten to do.  Worst of all, I was just plain crabby.

Basically a Fail Day of small fails.

I'm so glad that my resolutions for this year didn't include: working out everyday, being eternally cheerful, keeping a spotless house or being successful with paperwork and promises.  That would have made my Fail Day into a Fail Year.

This morning I started the day with a toddler truncated work-out, smelly shop-vac cleaning out my broken dishwasher, and toasting yesterday's mutant bread.

But... even if I have been up for 3 hours before I remember this verse, it's a wonderful promise:


The steadfast love of the Lord
never ceases, 
his mercies never come to an end; 
they are new every morning; 
great is your faithfulness. 
"The Lord is my portion," says my soul, 
"therefore I will hope in him."

Lamentations 3:22-24




Posted in Labels: | 3 Comments »

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan, I had one of those days last week! Isn't God faithful to never give up on us, even when we deserve it!

Praying your day, today, will be blessed beyond measure! Thank you for stopping by my blog today. It was nice to have you.

Hugs from Canada

Aiming4Simple said...

O thank you for summing up these thoughts (which are so similar to mine this week) in your signature chuckle-inducing way!

Dalia (Generation X Mom) said...

I guess we all have those days! What ever happened to that Calgon commercial...you know, Calgon take me away!

Post a Comment