Reluctantly Unwrapping A Gift

February 16, 2010 by Rieshy


I read Chatting at the Sky's post this morning and thought about her challenge for what is basically a paradigm shift. She's more poetic and calls it "reluctantly unwrapping a gift."

My problem is that I think "reluctant" is the key word for me today, after a couple of nights of too little sleep, and what seems like a lifetime of winter; I have so many gifts right now that I'm tired of:
  • My 2 year old still giving diaper gifts that I'm still unwrapping.
  • More snow on the ground this morning.
  • Another tutorial canceled because of weather for my stir-crazy teens.
  • My secretary desk waiting to be opened so I can prepare our taxes.
Unwrapping today's gifts may not involve jumping up and down in excitement, but they are my "gifts" from my Creator and I know He loves me.

I choose in advance to smile today. I always seem to see better when I'm smiling. Perhaps the facial muscles required for smiling also control paradigm shifts.



Read Chatting at the Sky's post at Tuesdays Unwrapped.





Posted in Labels: | 7 Comments »

7 comments:

emily freeman said...

ooo, that's good. Sometimes forcing a smile makes all the difference.

Tammy@Fear Not said...

"Perhaps the facial muscles required for smiling also control paradigm shifts." This made me chuckle! I know those days of cabin fever and weary bodies. Hang in there.

Dawn said...

i love that... I always seem to see better when I'm smiling. makes perfect sense to me!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Thank you for making me smile!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

And if you just can't smile, try humming or, for those lucky enough to know how, whistling. You can't be gloomy doing either.

Heidi of Operation Organization said...

so true, your post made me think of this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXeLmR993KI

:)

Unknown said...

I found this post encouraging. Thanks.

Post a Comment