Cows Don't Eat Daffodils and Other Random Blessings

March 25, 2010 by Rieshy

This was a week of random blessings, requiring not so random thankfulness. James 1:17 "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above..."

Each week I drive past a hillside farm populated with grazing black cattle. Since last week the pasture has turned Easter-egg-green and drifts of gorgeous daffodils are in full bloom.  Black, green and yellow against a blue sky.  I'm thankful that cows don't eat daffodils.

The end of last week was a bit worrisome.  Our almost 4 yo was showing signs of an impending metabolic crisis.  I still don't know what had his body out-of-order.  Sunday I asked a few friends to pray for him.  Monday morning my son woke up fine.  My first thought was not to thank God, but to think, "Oh, I guess I shouldn't have bothered to ask for prayers."  I'm soooo thankful God is patient and faithful, even when I am not.  

My 8 yo wears through all his clothing.  His skin must secret an acid unknown to modern science.  Holes seem to develop all on their own, or it might be the way he's always flinging his body around... However, I was able to find enough pairs of pants, in a box a friend passed to me from our hand-me-down-circle, to last him until Fall.

I had friends surprise me with a blessing for our whole family.  I am so thankful for lifelong friends.  You know who you are!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm also thankful for the Spring rains.  My garden is growing-I just know it- even if it isn't visible yet.

I want to invite any gardeners out there to join me each Monday over at The Flexible Homeschooler for a virtual community-garden.  Link up any posts about your veggie-garden projects, whether you home school or not.


To share more bloggy thankfulness go to Thankful Thursdays.


Posted in Labels: | 3 Comments »

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm glad cows don't eat daffodils too. And very glad your little is well : )

Rieshy said...

Thanks Melanie!

Denise said...

Enjoyed your thankful post.

Post a Comment