March 23rd Daybook

March 23, 2010 by Rieshy


FOR TODAY -my part of The Simple Woman's Daybook:

Outside my window... it's too dark to see, but the birds are partying- Loudly.

I am thinking... about how one of my children went to bed feeling frustrated and ill-used. 

I am thankful for... the fact that every morning provides a second chance.

From the learning rooms... comes the sounds of groaning; even I have Spring fever.

From the kitchen... is a conspicuous silence.  I don't know what I'm going to cook for today.

I am creating... my knitted afghan is almost complete.  To my surprise and delight the random pattern has exactly 3 repeats.  3 is a great number.

I am going... to our state's Home School Rally Day at the state capital so my tuba-playing daughter can perform with her homeschool band.  

I am reading... "Women's Work the First 20,000 Years", by Elizabeth Barber

I am hoping... that my frustrated child will wake up refreshed.

I am hearing... nothing, nada, not a sound, other than the birds.  I love the time change, my toddlers wake with the morning light rather than the clock.

Around the house... are a million misplaced books. So many readers in this house- but I'm not about to complain.

One of my favorite things... gardening.

A few plans for the rest of the week: My 18 yo's film festival showing.  I hope he and his co-creator win in a least one category.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing... Naptime is over, "Oh, Where is my little boy?"


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to invite any gardeners out there to join me each week over at The Flexible Homeschooler for Family Garden 101.  Link up with your veggie garden projects whether you home school or not.  At the very least you can laugh along with/at me over our gardening blunders.


Posted in Labels: | 1 Comment »

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't find Sarah the other day and I was freaking out. It is not a huge place! She was in her room and had put the pile of stuffed animals over her and she found it hilarious that I couldn't find her!

Post a Comment