Paint

March 18, 2010 by Rieshy


I'm loving the time change.  My toddlers don't know the difference.  It makes training them to stay in their beds/room till 7:00 a.m. so much easier.

It also means that I am Alone from when I get up at 5:00 a.m. until I knock on my toddler's door to get them up at 7:00 a.m.  My 10 yo doesn't count because she just walks into the den wrapped like a mummy in her comforter and doesn't speak for a very long time.  I'm good with that.

Alone.  I love it.  Hear how beautifully the word rolls off the tongue of a woman with 7 children?

Not to mention the paint I bought.  The colors are so beautiful that I just want to eat them.  I've already painted the den a silvery-blue.  Three walls in our den are all windows so I wanted something to cool the room and reflect all the light.  

Best of all I was able to paint the room in one evening because my 3 teenagers were anxious to help me.  They thought it was fun; they like working with me. They approved my color-taste. 

The best of all possible worlds- being Alone in a silvery-blue room with the knowledge that my home is full of people who love me.


This is a Thankful Thursday Post.
Posted in Labels: | 10 Comments »

10 comments:

Melanie said...

I still have a yellow laundry room that you helped me paint! Not that I ever finished it -- LOL. Come paint at my house anytime.

My Mercurial Nature said...

I love the alone time in the morning as well, though the lack of daylight when I first wake up has been difficult!

tammi said...

My alone time first thing in the morning is pretty sacred (and necessary), too. I find I just don't function well without it!

Rieshy said...

Melanie, that was a great yellow!

Rieshy said...

Amen on the lack of daylight. We've plain been lacking light at all. It makes for a moody-mamma:)

Unknown said...

I want to see pictures!

RivkA with a capital A said...

Wow, you get up at 5:00 am by choice!!!

Just the thought is anathema to me!

LeAnn said...

I loved the last line of your post. It really cuts through everything and makes the heart happy.

Anonymous said...

You have 2 blissful hours!!!

My girls still wake up at their same time! 5:30 and 6:00. I have no idea why.

Susan Fobes said...

I am sort of alone now (son is in bed, husband went to pick up daughter from practice), and oh, I know what you mean...

Post a Comment