April 6th Daybook

April 6, 2010 by Rieshy




FOR TODAY: As part of The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window... Bradford Pear trees in full bloom, plus a huge multicolored climbing cube that my husband moved to below my window.  We've had it since my 18 yo son was young enough to play on it.  It's ugly but also beloved.


I am thinking... that weeding is hard.  My body aches all over from yesterday's gardening.  It's a good ache.


I am thankful for... homemade bread.  It makes the whole house smell wonderful.


From the learning rooms... We are on Spring Break- except for my teens. I need to plan for the next 6 weeks of school- and reorganize the book shelves. 


From the kitchen... are too many tasks to bear thinking about this morning... especially since I've not had any coffee yet.


I am wearing... a patio dress and a bathrobe.  It's quite the look.


I am creating... I finished my afghan and have started knitting another pair of socks.  I'm planning a weaving project for my loom.


I am going... to drive my children instead of my car.  Bedrooms need to be deep-cleaned for Spring this morning.


I am hoping... that my oldest will recover from his Senioritis before the end of the school year.


I am hearing...  birdsong.


Around the house... sit paint cans, books, and paperwork. Maybe I have high school senioritis too.  I can't seem to concentrate on just one task long enough to finish anything.


One of my favorite things... listening to classical guitar.


Here is my "picture for thought"... 

Sun, Dirt, and Chubby Arms


Posted in Labels: | 7 Comments »

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man I really do love the pain I get from gardening. It means "exercise" and using muscles I haven't for a few months! I really can't wait.

Your son's expression is priceless!

Rieshy said...

The Girl, He has that expression often. I'd like to say that it was just the sun in his eyes... He is still trying to figure out how to gain his rightful role as Ruler of the Universe.

amber waves of grain said...

Blooming Bradford Pear trees, homemade bread, gardening... what wonderful thoughts. Thanks for sharing your Daybook!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What an adorable picture! Really thought it should have been you with your robe and patio dress on. :o) I agree about the bread and I've been known to bake bread just for the smell. Have a great week!

Rieshy said...

There will be no pictures of my tatty robe:)

However, I have to say I feel quite clever about the knit patio dress. I can never find simple knit nightgowns that are long enough- and don't look like Laura Ashley threw up on me. The black knit floor length patio dress makes a fabulous nightgown!

dtbrents said...

You have a great blog. I will visit when I have more time. I will have to look up what your son has. I have never heard of it. I have be chronically ill all my life. I get worse as I get older. I'm 61 now. I have too many things to list. Your writing encouraged me to try harder. Doylene

Katie's Dailies said...

I spent 3 hours in my own weed-infested garden yesterday, and oy! the aches and pains I woke up with this morning.... but it will be oh so worth it this summer when we can look out and see all our pretty flowers!

And I grew up with the smell of fresh baked bread in the house, and I know what you mean! It's a wonderful smell!

Post a Comment