May 11th Daybook

May 11, 2010 by Rieshy
FOR TODAY as part of  The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...
Is a noticeable absence of morning birds.  We have rain clouds and the trees, green and heavy, are swaying menacingly.

I am thinking...
that I need to help the kids pack for their trip.

I am thankful for...
visiting grandparents who have come to take children on a 2 week trip.

From the learning rooms...
is the sound of  vacation.

From the kitchen...
comes the smell of sausage kolaches- a company breakfast.

I am creating...
I picked out black yarn for a lace scarf- alpaca and silk. Shimmering-soft loveliness.

I am going...
out to eat tonight with to celebrate multiple family birthdays.  It will be the first time that our family party has increased to include a "friend" of the opposite sex.

I am reading...
nothing.  I've been too busy blowing my nose this past week.  I'm so glad I feel good this week!

I am hoping...
that the children don't wear out their grandparents.

I am hearing...
my 4 yo explain a complicated movie plot to his barely awake grandmother.

Around the house...
laundry, in all it's glorious stages. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:
spending time with just my toddlers.


Here is my "picture for thought" ...  A damaged rose bush branch makes for a pretty arrangement.





Posted in Labels: | 9 Comments »

9 comments:

Alexandra said...

You know, I look forward to this series.

I love the idea, and it quiets me.

Thank you.

Siné said...

Thank you for sharing about your day. The yarn you picked out for your lace scarf sounds heavenly!

brandi said...

~a l♥vely way to reflect upon the moments of your day...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

Felicity said...

Enjoy the time spent with just the toddlers!!

Cheeseboy said...

Having a four year old of my own, I can just imagine the four year old/grandma conversation.

CristyLynn said...

Company breakfasts are so fun. We have company coming again soon, and she has requested waffles (as a special belated birthday meal), so this morning we tested out the waffle maker that we finally found! A pre-company company breakfast, so to speak.

So glad you're feeling better! Enjoy the special time with your toddlers!

Anonymous said...

The flowers are gorgeous! How fun for your kids to get to be with their grandparents for 2 weeks!! WOW!

So happy you are feeling better :-)

Anonymous said...

I can imagine your scarf....just lovely!

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Bless you for calling laundry glorious. I need tp reframe that in my mind. :)

Post a Comment