May 18th Daybook

May 18, 2010 by Rieshy




FOR TODAY as part of The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window... is a gray sky and birds doing their nervous pre-rain flittering from quiet tree to quiet tree.  It reminds me of junior high girls getting into position before an event begins.


I am thinking... that my husband works hard.


I am thankful for... coffee.


From the learning rooms... comes the sound of frantic catalog searching for ideas for next year's course of study.  Surely I can find some curriculum that is absolutely free, amazingly fun, and completely self-teaching. In addition I'd like a curriculum to be able to simultaneously clean my bathrooms whilst turning my children into overachieving geniuses.  Know of anything?


From the kitchen... comes the sound and smell of nothing.  With 4 less children to cook for this week I've been barely cooking.  So far no one's complained, especially since I bought hummus dip.


I am creating... I'm not, instead I'm day dreaming and starting too many projects.  


I am going...
to get my van registered before our rabid codes inspector comes back.  7 days out of registration and I get a letter!  This is the second time our registration has expired while our son was in the hospital.  Last time I had to pay $150.  Trying not to be bitter.... not very successfully.


I am reading...
curriculum


I am hoping... that my children are having fun and being helpful/delightful to their grandparents.


I am hearing... the morning commute begin.


Around the house... is a lot less paper.  I stayed up until 1:00 a.m. filing and tossing.


One of my favorite things... chocolate.


A few plans for the rest of the week:
I plan to continue enjoying being with just my littlest two children.


Here is my "picture for thought" ... 


He never did figure out how I knew he had been playing in my purse.


Posted in Labels: | 6 Comments »

6 comments:

Amy said...

Please if you find schoolwork that does all that you mentioned, pass it on to me. I want that too. (You cracked me up) I am also thankful for coffee too!

have a great week with your kiddos,
Amy @ http://missionalmamassoul.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

Please!! Let me know if you find that curriculum! I could SO use it as well. I love the picture! My daughter use to do that so often. Many Blessings to you!

Felicity said...

It's a lot of fun to be with just the two littlest isn't it? I hope you have some fun together. Enjoy looking for a curriculum - I would LOVE to be able to go to the USA to look for some homeschool materials - we have such a limited choice here in SA.

Anonymous said...

Love your header and your photo in your daybook. Precious! I'd like to know if you find that curriculum, too :) Enjoying my coffee as I read these daybooks.

~Tamara

Between You and Me said...

I absolutely adore boys. I love this post so much that I can hardly stand it.

What curriculum are you reading?

keLi said...

that purse picture? fabulous. my husband pales when he sees our strapping young boy in pink lipstick, but what's a mama to do?

Post a Comment