June 1st Daybook

June 1, 2010 by Rieshy
FOR TODAY as Part of The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...
I can see the swing-set that we moved to a new area of the backyard as part of the aftermath of the storm that took out several trees.


I am thinking...
that I got more done yesterday than I did all last week.  It was a great day.


I am thankful for...
how amazingly easy my youngest has been to potty train.  He refused to wear a diaper to bed last night.  It was an actual affront to his manhood that I even attempted to put one on him; best of all- he woke up dry!



From the learning rooms... I've been enjoying pre-reading some biographies to use next year.

From the kitchen...
will come the smell of pancakes on the griddle.


I am creating... s
till "working" on two different pairs of socks and on plying sock weight shetland wool.  "Working" as in, I continue to carry my project around with me without actually taking it out and knitting. 


I am going...
to take my children to the library so they can pick up their most recent Summer reading prizes.


I am reading...  The Good Earth,
by Buck.


I am hoping...
the gladiolas that I moved yesterday still manage to bloom this year.


I am hearing...
only the clicking of my keyboard.


Around the house...
is less clutter.  I love purging- this week it's been the toy closet.


One of my favorite things...
After 18 years, with nary a break, I don't have anyone in diapers anymore.  It's a bittersweet/favorite thing.


A few plans for the rest of the week:
Gardening.


Here is my "picture for thought question" ...

Does anyone know why my clematis keep blooming such a washed out color?


Posted in Labels: | 5 Comments »

5 comments:

Debbie Phillips said...

I like to visit a few blogs of those whose daybook is near mine in the Mr. Linky. You were just above me.

Great Daybook
Congrats on the potty training and dry night!
My daughter is the knitter here...she is even teaching classes in knitting, crocheting, sewing and cross stitch to homeschool and church girls.
It was great to get "meet you" through your daybook.

Felicity said...

I know that bittersweet feeling about no more diapers - such a funny thing isn't it?
Glad your son has been so easy.
I started a scarf last winter and I may yet finish it this winter - that's how much I knit!
I hope you have a great week.

Janice said...

Can't help with the clematis I'm afraid. Sounds like you are on an up at the moment, well done to the young man with the dry bed - hurrah¬!

Arlene said...

I remember reading The Good Earth - twice. Purging is one of my favorite things too. Getting rid of clutter is liberating!

Enjoyed your daybook. Have a blessed week.

dtbrents said...

The work you do with wool fascinates me. I don't know anyone who does that. We lost trees last year. One year we had one fall on the swing set. I hate to lose trees. Your picture is beautiful. Have a great week. Doylene

Post a Comment