In Case of Snow Storms

December 17, 2010 by Rieshy
.


I'm down to one napper.  Just one.  Everyone else now reads during that loveliest hour of the day, the hour after lunch, that bright spot of quietness.  I probably only have another year, at most, of my last napper napping.  It will be the end of an era, after 7 children and almost 2 full decades of having nappers in the house. By the way, Husbands don't figure into napping stats.

I'm not trying to get ahead of myself on  Feel Good Friday.  Instead of celebrating the future end of napping- I'm celebrating the last super-early-riser.  My napper gets up anywhere between 4 and 6 each morning.  He quickly runs through the house and climbs into my side of the bed.  He always whispers amazingly loudly, "I get into bed with you now to sleep."  

He has to tell me that because I might not notice him fluffing the covers 20 times and stealing my pillow?

When he drops his nap, he'll start sleeping a bit later.  I'll stay warmer in the morning.  I'll get more sleep.  But I won't get to wake up laughing as I did this morning-  I couldn't figure out why my side was sore, or what was jabbing into my spine until I reached down and realized that my Little man had taken the time to pull on heavy snow boots Before getting into bed with me.

You know, just in case...


.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is funny!

Sarah naps 2-3 hours as well and I love that time. She listens to the classical station and I always crank the volume on her baby monitor so I get to listen too.

Emily napped until she was 4, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Jen (emsun.org) said...

That's hilarious! Hahaha. One year, my daughter really wanted to go outside, but I told her no. The outdoor equipment was up really high. She put a pair of underwear on her head and socks on her hands. "I'm ready, Mommy!"

:D

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. Those are the best times don't you think, all those little moments we remember.
Bless you all.

Unknown said...

oh naps! I love them. How will I blog without them?
But, I do NOT LOVE WAKING UP AT THE UNMENTIONABLE CRACK OF MIDNIGHT (5 or 6 a.m.) so maybe I wont cry like I think I will when it's over.

Cheeseboy said...

My wife is always complaining about "the end of the nap". So now she has just renamed the time "quiet time" and our boy lays in bed and plays for an hour. Not sure this would work with every kid though.

weather said...

weather maps from Global Forecast System

www.theweatherland.com

Post a Comment