Postponed On Account of...

March 29, 2011 by Rieshy
.

I was going to title this, "Postponed On Account of Vomit", but then I thought that was too gross.  Then I decided that I am too brain dead to think of anything else, thus the coquettish "..."  The dots were coquettish, no?

I have a long and brilliantly planned post about how to survive a hospital stay.  It will have to wait.

Several of my children were vacationing with their grandparents last week and therefore missed the stomach virus/ hospital/ ambulance drama.  

They came home.  One of them is now throwing up.  Yes, throwing up.

There is no way any germ can have survived my Lysol assault of the house while they were gone.  They must have brought home a new virus.

Poor 9 year old.  He's quarantined in my bedroom, possibly for the next 2 years.  I briefly considered getting in my car and driving to Tahiti.  By myself.  But, well since it's an island I didn't.

Instead I am broadcasting a planetary alert as in Star Trek IV- you know, the one with the whales. 

This is the President of the United Federation of Tiptons. Do not approach Our Home!
The transmissions of an orbiting Virus are causing critical damage to this family.
It has almost totally ionized our mother's ability to cope.
All brands of germ-ex  have failed. All orbiting anti-emetics are powerless.
Further communications may not be possible
Save your energy, Save yourselves.
Avoid the Planet Tipton at all costs. ...Farewell.

.


5 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm glad you've got your sense of humor. I will drive you to Tahiti if you need me to -- I will find a way! Sending you love and virus slaying thoughts!

Dana K said...

^^^Agree about the sense of humor. Y'all need a break! I really really can't stand puke!!!

Unknown said...

AHH! You are not having a good run.
Poor you.
There was vomit in my life today too.
Boo.

Brandee Shafer said...

You write vomit, I write poop.

Awesome day.

Blessings to you and yours.

Cupcake's Mama said...

Oh no! Good luck. And I would actually love to read your advice on surviving a hospital stay. But not yet, concentrate on the poor quarantined little one

Post a Comment