Sprung Spring

February 3, 2012 by Rieshy

.

Yesterday we had one of those curious February days of full sunshine, fresh breezes and warm weather.  My entire family was giddy.  Windows were raised, shorts donned, and school work done outside.

My husband roller-bladed with the Littles and I grilled hamburgers and fat potato-fries on the grill.  My 4 yo licked the ketchup from his plate.  We dipped strawberries in freshly whipped cream for dessert.

After dark we entered into family wide multi-national negotiations in order to pick out a movie to stay up late and watch together.  Believe me with a family of nine this is serious stuff.

I don't do well at planning holidays or birthdays.  It gives me stage fright, and I have a curiously frustrating habit of forgetting important dates.  A spring sprung on me?

That I can roll with.

Just not roller blades.


.

3 comments:

Felicity said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!

I don't do well planning things either - I get nervous about forgetting things, and then land up forgetting things because I'm so nervous...

Those boys have cute faces!!

Unknown said...

YAY! I wish I could have been there. What did you guys watch?

Leslie said...

Sounds like a fabulous day - one to remember. :)

Post a Comment