Boy Brains

January 20, 2014 by Rieshy
.


Never underestimate the power of a young boy's brain to make connections other than the ones you expected.

Out errand running and treasure seeking in the china isle of a thrift store my 12 year old son found a navy blazer in perfect condition and the size of my 6 year old.  Now generally speaking when I'm thrifting for china my boys are thrifting for nerf guns not church clothes so I was a little surprised by the level of excitement engendered by the discovery of the jacket.

When we got home my 6 year old raced inside and changed from brown cowboy boots and jeans and a tee-shirt to black cowboy boots, jeans and a dress shirt.

With great satisfaction he slipped on the blazer and- 



with a twinkle in his eyes reminiscent of Clint Eastwood, he shifted slightly to push back one side of the blazer in order to reveal the true purpose of the blazer.



"Too bad we don't have a shoulder holster too," commented his 7 year old brother.  






.

No comments:

Post a Comment