Sometimes Parenting Bites Back

May 1, 2014 by Rieshy
.



I sent my 17 yo to the grocery with a list for the week's shopping.   I whispered in her ear- "I am tired and cranky bring me back some sort of really yummy chocolate treat as well.  Your choice."

She came back with the shopping list filled and, "Mom, I know you were probably craving chocolate but I bought frozen fruit for a smoothie for you instead because it will make you feel good."

Probably craving chocolate?!?

Choice time.  A massive tantrum?  I didn't WANT to feel good.  I wanted Chocolate.  Evil child.

Evil child who has evidently paid some attention to my droning on about healthy eating and/or she has Machiavellian abilities to torture her mother.

Either way, Drat.





Back when she would have brought home chocolate; alas, also before she could drive.





.
Posted in | 1 Comment »

1 comment:

CristyLynn said...

Yikes! Is this what happens when you're a good parent? Hmmm, maybe I need to take it down a notch. ;)

Post a Comment