Stock Phrases

April 6, 2012 by Rieshy
.

Story Telling For the Gadget Generation

In The Horse And His Boy, by C.S. Lewis, when Avaris is asked to tell her back-story she, "...immediately began, sitting quite still and using a rather different tone and style from her usual one."

I was reminded of this passage the other morning when I asked my 4 yo to narrate a story for us to include in a package to a nephew who is currently away at army boot camp.  My 4 yo, sat up a bit straighter, put his hands together, took a deep breath and began.  I expected one of several stock phrases such as: once upon a time, one day, or once there was a...

Nope.  I had forgotten, my son is of the Gadget Generation.  He falls asleep most nights listening to his big brother's books played off my ipod.  He began his story without a trace of sarcasm but with great solemnity, "This is Audible."


.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AHAHAHHAAHAHAH! That is awesome.

Gregory Tipton said...

Somehow we've gone terribly wrong...

Post a Comment