Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

September 30, 2010 by Rieshy
.

So here's an odd thing to be thankful for, at least publicly; I'm seeing less and less of my older children.

It's not the reclamation of square footage provided by their absence that gives my happy feelings.  Well, perhaps that does count a bit.

What makes me happy is that they are out doing and learning and becoming. Becoming the people that God created them to be. 


It's even better when they eat before they come home.  More for us.


----------------------------------

 Piercing my heart with gladness, an illustration:

I was out walking, and holding hands with both my 2 and 4 year old the other day.  My 4 year old said, "Mom, this is great."  I responded in the affirmative and then my son added, "Do you know what would make this the greatest thing ever?"

"No Sweetie, what?"

With glowing eyes he answered, "If everyone in the whole family were with us and we were all holding hands, all the way across the street."





4 comments:

Kathleen@so much to say, so little time said...

Awwww, how sweet.

And as for being glad to see your kids out & about, I think that is a very healthy thing. I have come to admire how well-adjusted my parents are about letting their kids go.

pam said...

Our nest is empty and it is so grand...for us and our girls.

eph2810 said...

Love the comment of your 4-year-old as you were walking :)

Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us.

Love & peace,
<>< Iris

Denise said...

Such a nice post.

Post a Comment