To The Parents Of...

September 23, 2010 by Rieshy
.


Evidently my husband is also my parent. 

I was so excited to be invited to spend the summer touring England, Ireland, and Wales with other high school students "my" age...


I was especially excited about the chance to Develop new skills through activites designed to stretch me.  

I have to admit that as I read this letter, part of my body whisked away to some wind-swept heath where I wandered, without a care in the world, holding a composition notebook and sketching different varieties of native heathers.

No mortgage, no 2 a.m. feedings, no drama but that of my own making.  

Then someone grabbed my arm asking, "What's for lunch?"  

Swoosh, I landed back in reality faster than any jet can travel.
Then someone noticed the letter I was holding and I suddenly had a crowd of children laughing with me.  

Sometimes landings are a good thing...







.

3 comments:

pam said...

I love when I get those types of things....I let my mind whoosh around for a bit but AMEN to the landings and I'm thinking as moms we get plenty of opportunities to be stretched. May your stretching be joyful today!

Denise said...

Be blessed.

Tiff said...

I love it...I've never had that happen to me, but what a fun little adventure. Even if it was just in your head. :-)

Post a Comment