Back Stance, Legos, Psalms

March 13, 2014 by Rieshy
.

Some mornings before my eyes open and before my feet hit the ground my brain begins flipping through a mental calender of the tasks ahead while in the background Psalm 100 sings.

Some mornings before my eyes open my brain begins to flip through a mental and weighty tome entitled, "All the Times I Have Fallen Short."  It's sequel, "Personal Parenting Failures," is even weightier.  They both have exceptional indexes for easier mental referencing.

This morning, after being unable to decide which genre of mental book to flip through, I started thinking about the Abominable Snowman and his song, "Put one foot in front of the other."  Which is remarkable similar to Lao-tzu's much quoted "A journey of thousand miles starts with one step."  Imagining which martial art the Abominable Snowman would practice is enough to get anyone out of bed.

The night before I had realized I've been doing my karate back-stance incorrectly so I tried practicing it correctly, in the dark and with my eyes closed, on the way to the bathroom.  "Ah," I thought, "This is a great way to practice it, I can really sense now why it should be done this way."  And feeling quite ninja-like I tripped over a tub of legos put inexplicably in the middle of my bedroom floor.

All of which got me back to Psalm 100.  Somedays the "I will" means I will because my feet are already dancing towards the new day and the Lord of Heaven and Earth.  Somedays the "I will" means  I will, because I will keep on trying- in sort of  The Little Train That Could fashion.

Today I will :

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.  For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations."
-Psalm 100:4

and I will watch out for Legos.



.


Posted in | 0 Comments »

No comments:

Post a Comment