Musical Brain Damage and Lack of Sleep

March 1, 2014 by Rieshy
.



Yesterday morning I pulled on my running clothes in expectation of a sunshiny run.  Instead I took my 12 year old son to Starbucks where we did math and he scored a free large frappucino made "incorrectly" for some other picky patron.  The free frap was after the hot cocoa I bought him... his math was done in a glow of sugared caffeine.  Best    math   class   ever.  Think of the espresso scene from The Iron Giant.

I still hoped to run so I didn't change.  The sunshine glowed, my arthritis glowed brighter.  I've been eating all the wrong foods and the more I do the more I crave them until the party's over when my arthritis flares.  It's anecdotal at best but since I lack the clones to do a triple blind study on what flares my arthritis I generally go with what I know...  and lots of sugar and flour makes my body ache.

At an impasse with my body I didn't  change out of my running clothes... or go running.  

I ended up going to bed still wearing my running top.  You know, the type of running top that's so constrictive it makes every woman look like a 10 year old boy.  I think it did some kind of brain damage.   I woke up in the night singing, "The Story of My Life" so loudly in my brain that the neighbor's dog was barking in protest.  This happened all night long.  I couldn't shake the song.

I'm singing a boy band song?!?  A parody of a boy band?!?

Lucky thing I'm going on a date tonight to hear Strauss’s Rosenkavalier. I'm so excited I can barely contain myself.  I won't even wear the running shirt.  In fact I might wear grown up clothes and make-up.  I might * gasp* do my hair.  

Of course, then my husband might feel guilty for going on a date with a woman he doesn't recognize but that's o.k. because I'll be so cranky from going cold turkey off of sugar that he probably won't like me very much.

This is the first version I ever heard of The Story of My Life- thanks to one of my teens.  I think it's the best.  Except at 2 a.m.





.
Posted in Labels: , | 1 Comment »

1 comment:

Post a Comment