Long Screeching Sound

October 17, 2010 by Rieshy
.


My brain is screeching lately.  I'm pondering much whilst I go about my daily activities.  The screeching is because, though I'm pondering much, gears are grinding and I'm not actually mentally progressing.

Definitely a case of quantity not being equal to quality.

Luckily, I can mentally screech and still make a mean peach cobbler.

I noticed an interesting detail the other morning.  Quälen in German means to torment or torture.

Matthew 6:34 in English says, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

However my version of the Bible in German for Mathew 6:34 says "Quält euch nicht mit Gedanken an morgen..."  I'm sure the intent is to convey the meaning worry but somehow replacing the word worry with torment or torture seems so, apropos.  At least to me- the Grand Champion Worrier.

Ahhh, did I mention that flu season is just around the corner? The season for flu, stomach viruses, ear-infections, strep throat.... all amazingly dangerous to a child with a FOD.  My more affected child has been so healthy, so happy, growing so strong.  He's not been in the hospital since April 30th.

So why do I go there, to a murky future that doesn't exist yet, when I have bills to pay, kids to love on and things to do... Now?  Not to mention frozen peaches to make more cobbler with.

Quälen indeed.


.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would like some cobbler and some german lessons.
Hope you stop screetching soon friend.

Post a Comment