Dangerous Toys

March 10, 2012 by Rieshy
.

For Christmas I purchased Perfection for one of my younger boys in an attempt to be educational.

It's the game that's been around at least since I was a kid.  You set a timer and lower the puzzle tray and then attempt to fit all the pieces in and turn off the timer before time is "up".  If you don't succeed the timer goes off and the puzzle tray springs up, throwing the pieces everywhere.

Silly me.  I assumed my children would sit quiet and serene, learning shape names and perfecting pattern recognition and hand eye coordination.

Instead I may have to have them debriefed for post traumatic stress.

Evidently the ticking of the timer reminded someone, not sure who the guilty party was, of a bomb.  The way they play the game does not involve sitting.  Instead, a player will randomly set the game timer- complete with pieces- and then slip into a room full of unsuspecting siblings, place the game on the floor, slam the door and run.  The last person in the room when the timer goes off "dies".

Note- their variation of the game is anything but serene, quiet, or orderly.

I guess my educational goal should have been emergency procedures for bomb threats.


.

6 comments:

Stepping On Cheerios said...

This made me laugh.

I bought Hungry Hippos and don't know what I was thinking...marbles, banging, screaming...

Alan_P said...

Maybe I should get one and put in Claire's room for an alarm clock...lol...I love it! : >

ReneeK said...

They must be boys! How funny!

Unknown said...

that is AWESOME!!!

Adry said...

I also loved this game growing up, AND I find their version hilarious! LOL

Mae said...

My children are terrified of this game. I got it for them because I enjoyed it as a child. They act like I bought them a live land mine.

Post a Comment