Relaxing At Home, Sort Of

October 4, 2012 by Rieshy
.


What do you find encouraging?  
I tend to work backwards, joy is easier to find when I'm not looking.  

Hanging on the door in the pediatricians office yesterday was my very favorite Bible verse:


Though the fig tree should not blossom,
    nor fruit be on the vines,

the produce of the olive fail

    and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
    and there be no herd in the stalls,
18 
yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
    I will take joy in the God of my salvation.


Habakkuk 3:17-18



I don't know for sure why I find this verse so encouraging.  I think in part I love it because it doesn't require you to feel at all.  It just shares.  

Later last night in the E.R., with my 6 year old, refrains from the song We Will Glorify The King of Kings  competed for brain space with the waiting room T.V. which was turned to some show about a vampiric babysitter.  Thankfully King of Kings won.

Praise really does bring joy.  Joy is peaceful.  

My 6 year old is home and doing well, but my 10 year old is currently vomiting. Praise is beautiful, peace is a good thing.  I really do take joy in the God of my salvation.

Gotta go... and well, do the whole sympathetic mommy clean-up.



.



2 comments:

Melanie said...

Glad the ER stay was short. So sorry about the vomiter, though. Thinking of you. Let me know if a big pot of soup would help for the weekend : )

Rieshy said...

Thanks Melanie!

Post a Comment