Five Smiles

March 19, 2010 by Rieshy


This week for Feel Good Friday I decided to list 4 things that made me happy this week and 1 funny memory. O.k., so that's not one of the official The Girl Next Door prompts.  However it fits in with my total inability to follow any recipe- however written.  

First the memory:  Spell-check is my best friend.  Unfortunately, 22 years ago when I was writing our wedding thankyou notes, spell-check was unavailable.  Also unfortunately- the hot gift that year was bowls.  Yes, I thanked dozens of people for their thoughtfulness in giving us such beautiful bowels.

This cracked my husband and me up: 
We smiled coming...

And Going.

I hummed Mammas don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys all day.

My 8 and 10 yo's prepped the soil and planted our salad garden.  Spring always makes me smile. The cat thought we were prepping a new litter box, but that's an anti-smile- so no more on that topic. 


Tuesday morning I found a package on my doorstep.  It's not my birthday- but it was a book from my step-mother entitled, Women's Work The First 20,000 Years.  As a weaver and spinner I've wanted this book for years.  I love surprises that don't involve leaking water heaters.
Want to join in for Feel Good Friday?  Choose your prompt and feel good!
Posted in Labels: | 7 Comments »

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan you are funny! I love whatever you post 4+1. 3+2. I don't care!

OMG. Bowels!!!!!!!!!! My hand flew up to my mouth as I read it. How humiliating and hysterical!

Ahhhh.... gardening. My perennials are starting to come up and I am doing a happy dance!!! Yay for Spring!

HAve a super great weekend!

Unknown said...

this is awesome!

Unknown said...

I found you on the Friday follow and I am now your newest follower - hope you can return the favor! Have a great weekend.

J.B. said...

Rofl, thank you for sharing your humor. love it.

Marsha said...

Hi, I found your blog thru Friday Follow! Hope you have a blessed weekend!

Anonymous said...

I am a new follower visiting from FFF @ MBC
http://goyay.blogspot.com

Show Me Mama said...

How cute is that! Those boots are just too adorable on him :). It reminds of my daughter wearing my shoes. Great blog! Visiting you from MBC (FFF) http://showmemama.blogspot.com/ come visit when you get a chance.

Post a Comment