My Life As Music

March 15, 2010 by Rieshy


My Dad recently wrote in an email, "Sometimes it seems like life is just one big, extended waiting room without any interesting magazines."

I  have noticed a common theme running through my life.  A theme that causes me "discomfort".  The theme seems to be Waiting On The Unknown. There also seems to be a leitmotif of No Control.

We received wonderful news from the doctors last week about my 3 year old's vision.  It's 20/20 with no signs of retinal pigmentation.  - I had a wee bit of trouble enjoying that news at first.  Cue my leitmotif.

With his metabolic condition vision-loss is a possibility.  Because my son's version of an already rare disorder has not been officially identified we have no clear prognosis.  We just know what to worry about. 

Waiting. No control... No interesting magazines.

I've been pondering my "theme" for months and months.  My son's health isn't the only thing I constantly wait on and choose to worry about- but it's the most tangible.  The easiest to examine.  

I've decided that at 42 I want new music, a new theme, even if my waiting room doesn't change.  

Psalm 40:3 tells me that new music is possible;  "And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God..."




Visit Chatting at the Sky for Tuesdays Unwrapped.








Posted in Labels: , | 6 Comments »

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Blessings!

Shanilie said...

You are so right. A new song in our heart can help us have a new bounce in our step and start anew. Change is always great!

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of Dr. Seuss OH! The Places You'll Go.

He talks about The Waiting Place.

I used to wait and worry about the unknown and it bothered me too. My mom told me that I waste a lot of time waiting and worrying and 90% of the time, nothing happens that I have been waiting and worrying about. It took a long time to get out of the Waiting Place, but I did it.

Jill said...

Hello! I'm new here and wow--did I count right? 7 children, homeschooling, and special needs?! I am saying a prayer for you now! I have six kids some health issues with my two youngest that we believe they have grown out of now. I don't homeschool, but COMPLETELY understand the reasons to do it. I just don't think I'm being called to do that. Really, my hat goes off to you!

Kelli said...

Thank you for this reminder!!

imoomie said...

I am so thankful that He can put a new song in our heart!

Post a Comment