White Line Fever

March 11, 2011 by Rieshy
.


An oddity of parenting is hypnotic disassociation during Read-Alouds. It has to be the same phenomenon that allows one to drive home from the grocery store without any memory of the actual journey.

White Line Fever.

Think about it.  What is your least favorite children's book and how often have you read it aloud because your precious snuggler adores said book? How many times have you reached the end of the story without conscious notice of any of the words? 

Black Print Fever.

I think it is a sanity saving grace that our minds can read twaddle outloud without having to actually be present. Especially since my 3 year old keeps rescuing a certain book out of the GoodWill pile.

I just wish I could consciously develop hypnotic disassociation at other times. For instance, while I prepare our income taxes.

Red Ink Fever.




Posted in Labels: , , | 1 Comment »

1 comment:

Dana K said...

This had me chuckling!!! It's so true!

Post a Comment