The Passing of the Baton

December 10, 2009 by Rieshy
My husband and my oldest son, Luke, used to build Bionicles together when Luke was much younger.  After waiting 15 long years Luke was thrilled to take his younger brother on as his Bionicle apprentice.

Ben is the Master now.



Something momentous happened this week. Something insignificantly momentous, that I am momentously thankful for:

We took a family errand run and Ben's younger brother, Jack, bought his first Bionicle.  Ben and Jack rushed into the house. When I walked in, 13 seconds later, Ben already had the pieces spread out and the schematics open.  Jack was sitting at his side watching and learning.

The Bionicles are beside the point.  What makes the event momentous is that a baton has been passed.   Luke was a wonderful, loving big brother.  He taught Ben how to be a wonderful, loving big brother. Now Jack is the apprentice.



See more Thankful Thursdays.








8 comments:

Denise said...

So sweet.

Unknown said...

Precious memories being made!

Thanks for sharing and may God's richest blessings be upon your family!

In His amazing grace,
Jill

Melanie said...

Bionicles were big in our house too. What a lovely way for boys to show love, sharing and friendship with each other.

Debbie said...

This was a wonderful thing to share. I too have 3 boys and nothing pleased me more than to watch the older brother "showing" the younger, the ropes. Have a great day. Blessings, Debbie

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! That warmed my heart. I am starting to see glimpses of real sibling love and guidance from my children, and can't wait to see more.

dtbrents said...

That's a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing. Doylene

Unknown said...

That is so sweet! Thanks for sharing!

I came over from MBC! I am now following you.
Heather
http://ratherbechangingdiapers.blogspot.com/

i said...

That's so sweet! Many blessings to you!

Post a Comment