Night Sights

August 3, 2011 by Rieshy
.



Last night, in the wee hours, I heard someone sleep-talking and went to investigate. I found my three year old sleeping, half off his bed, wearing the sleep T-shirt I had put him to bed in along with the surprising addition of a pair of his dad's black socks.

His dad has size 12 feet.

The black socks were pulled up to the top of his thighs, almost to his spiderman underwear. They looked like hip boots ala the three musketeers. They also resembled the thick black tights I saw several Japanese teenage girls wearing under micro shorts recently.

As a young married couple we wanted children, I don't remember exactly why, but I'm pretty sure it included a lot of rosy and unrealistic expectations.

Reality is sooo much more precious.... not to mention funnier.


.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is AWESOME! I hope you took a picture to show at his wedding!

Rieshy said...

I almost took a picture and then decided that if I want to be invited to his wedding I best not.

Post a Comment