Feel Good Friday: Funnies

February 12, 2010 by Rieshy


From Faily Foping Fills

Toddlers are good to have around for Linguistic Laughs. Unforunately I don't have exactly 5 from this week; so I'm going to pretend that 1+1+1=5 and go with flow anyway.

Really Wretched Rhyming:
My 3 year old dropped a raisin on my clean kitchen floor. He still wanted to eat it so he blew on it and then asked, "Are there any worms on it?"

Worms/germs- is there a difference?

Mispronunciations:
At a friend's house my 3 year old convinced the friend's father to put in a dvd. As the Dad was setting up the movie my 3 year old asked, "How many commodes do you have?"

The father answered the apparent non sequitor with, "Um... 3."
My 3 year old responded, "My dad has 3 commodes too. My dad uses his commodes a Lot."

Commodes/remotes- important to enunciate clearly.

Misunderstood Concepts:
My 2 year old was embroiled in a heated battle of ownership over a toy car that big brother had rightful possession of. As I scooped 2 year old up and away I reminded him, "Your brother had it first."

To which, 2 year old belted out defiantly, "No, I had it first, I had it tomorrow morning!"

Unequivocal proof... of nothing.



Hop over to The Girl Next Door Grows Up for some more Feel Good Friday.





Posted in Labels: | 5 Comments »

5 comments:

CristyLynn said...

Thanks for the chuckle!

Melanie said...

For years C referred to them as "comote retrols". We still use the term.

Lezlae said...

One of our family mispronunciations that has stuck is pukers(computer). This came from PM very early on asking "can I play on the puker?"

Anonymous said...

I love it!!

My 2 year old talk way too clearly. It must be because of her older sister and we always correct her.

I have actually stopped correcting her because it is sooooo cute what they say and it ends so fast!

She calls the living room the Nie Noom and I just love that.

Tori said...

Priceless!

Following from MBC FFF. :)

http://www.thepumpkinpiepatch.blogspot.com

Post a Comment