June 15th Daybook

June 15, 2010 by Rieshy




FOR TODAY, as part of The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...
The swing-set has a new homemade swing.  Bright blue with a yellow rope, accidental sky and sun.  Its mate is waiting to be hung.


I am thinking... too much.


I am thankful for... my vegetable garden.  We ate it's first yield of green beans last night.


From the learning rooms...
my 14 year old loved Number The Stars, by Lois Lowry.


From the kitchen...
left-over birthday cheesecake with fresh strawberry topping is calling my name.


I am creating...
a story.


I am going...
to finish getting ready for our exchange student from Switzerland.  She arrives tomorrow and stays for a month.


I am reading...  The Blue Sword, by Robin McKinley.  My 14 year old read the first chapter out-loud while I knitted.  I ended up staying up far too late in order to finish it.


I am hoping... That our whole family adores the exchange student and that she adores us as well.


I am hearing...
it's so quiet right now that I can hear the motor on my ceiling fan.


Around the house... My cupboards are shining and smell lemony.  My 15 year old washed them down with Murphy's soap yesterday.


One of my favorite things... early mornings.


A few plans for the rest of the week: grocery shopping, cleaning, swimming, and of course- weeding.


Here is my "picture for thought" ...


Enough green beans to have left overs- and in a family of 9 that's saying something.




Posted in Labels: | 1 Comment »

1 comment:

Felicity said...

I always enjoyed Lois Lowry's books!
Isn't it great to eat vegetables from your own garden??
Enjoy your week.

Post a Comment