July 13th Daybook

July 14, 2010 by Rieshy




FOR TODAY: as part of The Simple Woman's Daybook 

Outside my window... wet grass, wet mulch, wet bushes.  It's been raining everyday and night for 5 days, with sunshine and humidity in-between showers.


I am thinking... that my 2 year old is attempting to corner the market on whining and fussing.


I am thankful for...
the unusual July rains.  I can practically hear my garden grow.  


From the learning rooms... We visited the Frist museum and saw an exhibit of "The Golden Age of Couture".  Perhaps not the best choice considering the teenaged boys I had along with my daughters.  They did survive- even the girdle display.  My girls are glad to have missed the "Golden Age".  However, I could stand a bit of elegance.


From the kitchen... I hear the last of the hot cocoa being dished up.


I am creating...
I am attempting to create a loving, whine and fuss-free home environment.  I'll have to read my 2 year old's daybook entry to see what his plans are.


I am going... swimming or slightly insane.


I am hoping...
that I can manage to pull off the surprise going away party for our Swiss friend.


I am hearing... the New Moon soundtrack, multiple times.


Around the house... my husband re-arranged the furniture while I was in Michigan.  What a treat, he even vacuumed under everything he moved.


One of my favorite things... we found Lego shaped candies that actually fit together. How cool is that?


A few plans for the rest of the week:
Saying goodbye to our exchange student.  She will be missed! Then something just for (gasp) me- Spinning guild on Friday, where I hope to finish plying a two ply sport-weight shetland/angora yarn.


Posted in Labels: | 0 Comments »

No comments:

Post a Comment