Five Feel-Goods, And One Subtle Whine

April 2, 2010 by Rieshy


Every Friday The Girl Next Door hosts Feel Good Friday.  Here are my five, sorta.
  1. I eavesdropped as my 8 yo was playing with his friend from up the street.  They were discussing the, "cause and effect," in Lord of the Rings.
  2. When my 4 yo was told that the same actor did the both the voice of the dragon in Mulan and the voice of the donkey in Shrek he asked, "How did he fit his donkey-body in the dragon suit?"
  3. When my 2 yo hands me a book to read to him, he repeats, "Not yet, not yet," until he has his body comfortably settled beside me.  Then he'll announce, "Yet," when he wants me to begin reading.
  4. I will not list my broken one-year-old water heater.  I will not, I will not, I will not... oops, too late.
  5. My 13 yo finished her math curriculum early this year- which means I get to take her out on a victory date today.  Just the two of us! 
  6. We had rainbows this week.  



10 comments:

Unknown said...

i love this list. I love it! you never cease to crack me up and bring cheer.

Janice said...

I just love to hear kids make sense of the world, it's not a very sensible place!

Katie's Dailies said...

Beautiful rainbow! So did your son and his buddy have a good discussion on "The Lord and the Rings"? Happy weekend!

Rieshy said...

They discussed ring lore quite intelligibly. My 18 yo is reading The Hobbit to my 8 yo so he got to share "extra bits of knowledge" with his friend.

Mardel said...

No. 3 is the best! I love the way toddlers communicate.

J.B. said...

lol thanks. Very endearing, they are except the one that must not be named.

Rieshy said...

Good news about the He-who-must-not-be-named. The man that came out to look at the water fixed it easily- no charge.

Anonymous said...

I love the "yet" Particularly because you blogged about it you will remember it forever!

I always tend to forget these little things with my girls, but now that I blog I can remember.

YAY for your water heater update and I loved the Harry Potter reference!! We just got into the books and movies and WOW! What took us so long?

Rieshy said...

Girl, My husband and I have been amazed at the funny things we've forgotten over the years. You're right, blogging it makes me remember. Of course if I never back up my data...

I have to say we've really enjoyed Harry Potter. The last three I actually read out loud to everyone - even my teens- because that was the only way to avoid a fight about who got to read it first. Of course I cheated and read ahead.

SKT said...

That is a great picture of the rainbow!

Post a Comment