1990's Again

May 18, 2010 by Rieshy
As I may have mentioned, just once, or possibly fifty-five times, my older children are away this week.

Soooo, I've been posing.  Posing as a young mom of toddlers.  Posing as a mamma whose biggest worry is what brand of underwear to buy that can fit both the 2 and the 4 year old.

I'm reliving my Young Momdom.  I didn't enjoy it as much as I should have the first time around.

The first time around I didn't have a clue.  I mean I really, really didn't have a clue.  The fact that babies drooled was a surprise to me with my first child.  When my two oldest children were 4 and 2 years old I did actually Worry about what brand of underwear to buy.

This week my 4 yo is the big boy.  My 2 yo is wearing underwear.  Both boys are glowing with health.  I get to talk about names of body parts and read 3 million story books.  I get to walk holding each boy's still chubby hands as we run errands.  Though I am somewhat puzzled as to why both my boys are each wearing one weight-lifting glove...

 Next week?  That's cheating.   I'm going to try to only unwrap one present at a time.  Actually I'm about to go clean up a potty accident.

Tuesday's Unwrapped is a great place to visit.  Someday, I hope to always live unwrapping just one day at a time.

4 comments:

Southern Gal said...

I have the older/younger kids, too. Although my younger is now 8. I know of what you speak. Isn't it great to get a do-over?

CristyLynn said...

How wonderful to have such precious time with them, now that you "know now what you wish you knew then". :) Enjoy each gift-wrapped moment!

Rieshy said...

It is great Southern Gal! We tease our oldest by calling him our guinea pig child. God gave our oldest a laid-back personality to he could survive us:)

Here's to enjoying making a whole NEW set of mistakes!

RivkA with a capital A said...

This is a great post! Though I don't have younger kids anymore, I see how much calmer I am with little kids. I never realized how uptight I was about parenting... Now if I could only be so calm about my teens!

Post a Comment